Thursday, February 10, 2011
Super Bowl Special: Green Bay Packer's Veggie Chili
4 medium sized zuchinni's chopped
3-4 parsnips chopped
2/3 of a cup of celery chopped
4-5 baby carrots chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1 yellow pepper chopped
1- 24oz can of diced tomatoes
2- 8oz cans of tomatoes paste
1/2 cup of Redbridge Gluten-free beer
2 can of pinto beans
1 can of black beans
1/2 medium red onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic diced
1/2 tablespoon of grape seed oil
(This recipe work great with all spices, here's a simple suggestion below)
2 dried chili peppers
1 tablespoon of wholefoods chili powder
1) Wash and chopped all vegetables and garlic.
2) In a large pot, on medium heat, pour 1/2 tablespoon of grape seed oil. When warm add garlic, and let it sweat for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the chopped onion and let it continue to sweat for about 7 minutes.
3) Add the zuchinni and stir, then add parsnips, if there are hard cover the pot with a lid and let them steam until semi-soft.
4) When veggies are semi soft; add the 24 oz can of diced tomatoes including the juice, 1/2 cup of Redbridge Gluten-free beer, and cans of tomatoes, then stir, and lower heat.
5) Then add the 3 cans of beans & spices, and stir, then cover, and let it simmer for about 15 mins
6) Last but not least add, celery, carrots and peppers, continue simmering for another 10 mins.
Go Packers ! Enjoy ^^
Substitute the zuchinni's and parsnips with 1/2 a pound of either ground beef or turkey. After step 1 & 2 add ground meat and cook until well done. Then follow the rest of the recipe.
at 3:30 AM