New Years is just around the corner and it's time for a fresh start. As part of our New Years Resolution we've created Gluten/Allergy Pocky that not only delicious, but it's actually good for you. 2013 is all about being healthy ~.^
Super Green Gluten/Allergy-Free Home-Made Pocky
1 teaspoon yeast
1/2 cup warm water
3/4 teaspoon honey/agave nectar/sugar
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of Peas
1/4 cup of Broccoli
5 Tablespoons of Green Puree
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 Tablespoons grape-seed oil (plus 1/2 teaspoon for the baggie)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 medium Ziploc bag
1/4-1/2 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Heat water until medium hot. Add honey and yeast and mix together. Set aside, while you mix the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients together (egg white, vinegar, oil,) then dry ingredients and mix. (This mixture will be a bit lumpy, this is OK. Just mix well, and get rid of as many lumps as possible)
- Check the yeast mixture. If it has risen, then add this to the dry and mix together.
- In a food processor, puree the peas and broccoli to create green puree.(remember to cook veggies before pureeing ^o^)
- Then, add the green puree, and mix well.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of oil into a medium Ziploc bag. Smooth the outside of the bag around to spread the oil around inside. (This prevents the dough from sticking to it.)
- Scrap the dough into the bag. Snip one of the corners slightly. [For Regular sized Pocky, cut a small snip in the bag. For Large Pocky cut a large snip.] Squeeze the dough out the corner on to a piece of parchment paper. Squeeze you Pocky dough into long lengths and leave about 1 1/2 inches in between your Pocky sticks to allow a room for rising. In the spirit of New Years , we made a Pocky version of the NYC ball drop^.^
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Then place parchment paper on a baking sheet, and slide into the oven.
- Bake for 10 – 20 minutes or until golden.
- When the Pocky are done, let them cool.
- Using a double boiler (a bowl over a pot of boiling water) or microwave; melt chocolate chips.
- When chips are melted, take Pocky sticks and dip until their half-way covered.
- Place chocolate covered Pocky on parchment paper.
- When your finished dipping place your Pocky in the fridge for about 10-15 mins; so that the chocolate will harden.