Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Now it's time for desert. Hankering for a sweet and spicy treat? These cookies are the perfect cross between crunchy and chew. Just take one bit and experience the heat!
1 1/2 banana's
3/4 cup of sugar
1-2 chopped habanero's ( Want it super hot? Just add more habanero's)
3 TBSP of water
1 cup of brown rice flour
3/4 cup of Teff flour
1/4 cup of tapioca flour
1 egg white
a dash of lemon & orange juice
2 TBSP of honey
1/2 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
Step 1: Chop Habanero pepper, and set aside [ Remember to wear gloves and googles ^^]
Step 2: Chop banana place in a bowl with 1 TBSP of water and microwave for 1.5 minutes or until soft.
Step 3: Place microwaved banana in mixing bowl and blend using a Cuisine-Art or handmixer.
Step 4: Add sugar and mix together (add 3 TBSP of water if mixure is dry)
Step 5: Add flour and mix (if dry then add water)
Step 6: Add egg white, lemon and orange juice, then honey, habanero's and chocolate chips; and mix.
Step 7: Then using an ice cream scope place on a cookie sheet. Make sure there space in-between.
Step 8: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Step 9: Place cookies in the oven and bake for 20- 30 mins. Cookies are done when the bottoms are medium brown.
Step 10: Let Cookies cool and don't forget the milk ^^
at 10:29 PM
Monday, November 7, 2011
Today was inspirational. What started out as a simple habanero rice recipe, evolved into a hot rocking original recipe. It's like they say, "When you have rice, make Rice-Balls!"
[CAUTION: Remember to ALWAYS wear latex or vinyl gloves and protective goggles. The oil from the peppers can burn your skin. Don't touch hands, nose, face when handling peppers.]
2/3 cup of short grain brown rice
1/3 cup of calrose rice or sushi rice
1 habanero pepper diced
1/2 tsp of salt (optional)
2 cups of water
1/4 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
2 scallions, diced
2 tbsp of fresh lime juice
1) Chop and dice habanero, cilantro and scallions. [ Remember to wear gloves & goggles ^^]
2) Rise rice. Then place in rice cooker with water; and turn the switch on. (conventional method can also be used to cook rice)
3) When the rice is boiling, add the diced habanero pepper, and 1/2 tsp of salt (optional).
4) After the rice is done, let it cool for 2-4 mins. Then scoop rice into a bowl.
5) Add cilantro and scallions, lime juice and mix with rice.
*To prepare Rice-Balls*
(At this point the rice should be very sticky.)
1) Set aside a bowl of water.
2) Dip hands in water, then take about 3/4 of a hand full of rice.
3) Form the rice into a ball, similar to how you would form a snowball.
4) To form the famous Rice-Ball triangle shape: Place ball in-between hands and slightly flatten, then flatten the bottom. Then form the 2 remaining sides of the triangle.
Repeat until there's no more rice!
This recipe should make around 7-8 Rice-Balls.
Feel free to garnish with seaweed....we used yellow peppers.
at 5:12 PM