Monday, June 25, 2012
In the US, Coca-Cola is made with HFCS( high-fructose corn syrup) and corn syrup. For those who have a Corn Allergy, we've had to give up drinking our iconic soda. It turns out Coca-Cola in Mexico is made the old fashioned way, with sugar. Folks, hold off on buying a plane ticket to Mexico!
The Good News: Mexican Coca-Cola is sold on the West-Coast!
The Taste Test:
It's exactly the same as US Coca-Cola.The only difference is it Corn-Free and it costs $0.99 a bottle. The only questions are: Why must Coca-Cola continue to discriminate it's US customers who have food allergies? Why can't there be one Coca-Cola, made the old fashioned way, with sugar instead of corn? It's time to end this discrimination now!
The Good Stuff Rating: 5/5
Want to make a difference? Join here
at 6:25 AM
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Avocados are good for you and a healthy source of protein. There's one catch: Oxidization! After pealing one, they will start to turn brown with in a few hours. How can you prevent this? On the first segment of The Good Stuff Cooking Tips, we've devised a method that will not only slow down oxidation, but will add classy touch to your avocado dishes.
The Lemon Saver!
- 2 Lemons
- A bowl
1) Wash the lemons
2) Slice then lemons in half
3) Cut medium thick lemon slices, make sure they're circular
4) Begin by lining the bottom of the bowl with the circular lemon slices.
5) Depending on the shape of the bowl, cut some of the lemon slices into half circles, and line the sides of the bowl.
6) Carefully fill the bowl with Guacamole.
7) Cover the Top of the Guacamole with the remaining slices.
8) Place in fridge to store.
Serving right away? Then save the top slices for afterwards.
Only eating 1/2 an avocado? Then slice 1/2 of a lemon. Put the lemon slices on top of the avocado your saving; wrap it in foil and store in the fridge.
Last, but not least our Super Easy Spicy Guacamole recipe.....
Super Easy Spicy Guacamole
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 green onions
- your favorite chill pepper
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 1/8 of a cup of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp of red pepper flakes
1) In a mixing bowl, cut and scoop out avocados, and mash into a paste.
2) Add lemon juice and mix
3) Wash red & green onions, tomato, chill pepper, garlic, and chop them.
4) Mix everything together
5) Add spices, and mix again.
Viola! Super Easy Spicy Guacamole ^.^
at 10:56 PM