Friday, November 23, 2012
Thanksgiving Special: Spicy Pumpkin Pie
It's America's favorite Thanksgiving dessert: Pumpkin Pie. No matter how you slice it, it's always delicious. This year we've decided to kick things up a notch, by adding some southwestern flavor. Our pumpkin pie will take you south of the border; it's the right blend of spicy and savory sweet. To make things interesting, this years recipe is also dairy/egg-free.
1 can of pumpkin puree (15 oz)
3/4 of flaxseed milk (original flavored)
1/2 of a jalpaneo pepper
a pinch of lime juice
1/2 of a banana
2 tsp of cinnamon
3/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/4 tsp of mace
a dash of cloves
6 TBSP of honey
a small slice of ginger
1 tsp of orange flower water
3 tsp of guar gum
+ Your favorite allergy-friendly pie crust recipe
1) Wash and chop jalpaneo pepper and set aside.
2) Using a blender or food processor add all ingredients, except the guar gum. Then blend together.
3) Pour the pumpkin mixture into a bowl, or cuisine art.
4) Then add the guar gum, and mix using a hand mixer or cuisine art, until it looks similar to pudding.
5) Slowly add the pumpkin filling into your favorite allergy-friendly pie crust.
6) Bake at 350 F for 25-30 mins.
7) Let the pie cool & cut and serve.
Happy Thanksgiving ^.^
This recipe is dedicated to my brother
at 3:19 AM