Last, but not least, it's time to bring on Deli Slices. Finding Meat-Free Deli Slices which are allergy-friendly is very rare. The majority are made with soy or wheat gluten or both. Our inspiration for Fantastic Meat-Free Deli Slices came from the Vegan Dad. These Meat-Free Deli Slice are the first of their kind, they're Gluten/Allergy-Free- A major break through in allergy-friendly cuisine.
Fantastic Meat-Free Deli Slices
- 1/4 cup of red kidney beans
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup of teff flour
1. After opening bean cans, place them in a strainer and rinse in water. Cut half a lemon and squirt on beans and rise.
2. Place beans, spices, oil, water, balsamic vinegar, and agave syrup in food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Pour in a bowl, and slowly add the flours and xanthan gum. Mix until firm, add more xanthan gum if necessary.
4. The cut and piece of foil and parchment paper. Lay foil on the bottom, and parchment on the top. Get the water steaming in your steamer.
5. Take the "meat" dough and place it in the middle of the parchment paper.
6. Shape into a log, then wrap like a tootsie roll. Try to make the roll as thick as possible.
7. Place in steamer, and steam for 1 hour.
8. In the last 15 mins of steaming, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove from steamer and bake for 45-60 mins. The "meat" is done when it swells and presses against the foil.
9. Cool in fridge for around 20-30 mins, then slice as needed for sandwiches...
Viola! Fantastic Meat-Free Deli Slices ^.^
Store in fridge, in an air-tight container.