It's Memorial Day, and nothing is more American than the all mighty Pickle. Whether you place them on burgers or snack em...there just darn good! While were big fans of McClures Pickles - One of the the few brands that is Gluten-Free by using Apple Cider Vinegar, instead of traditional distilled vinegar (which can be made from corn or wheat). We developed this recipe that's not only easy to prepare, but its also easy on your wallet.
Now that's something worth celebrating ^.^
1- 16-20 oz jar
2-3 medium Kirby cucumbers
1 gloves of garlic
1 stick of dill
2/3 of a cup of apple cider vinegar
1/2 of a cup of water
2 TBSP's of salt
a dash chile flakes
4 dashes mustard seed powder
1/8 tsp of caraway seeds
3 dashes of coriander
1) Wash and chop Kirby cucumbers , garlic and dill. The pack them in a clean glass jar (approx.16 -20 oz)
2) In a small pot add apple cider vinegar, water and salt and heat on medium heat.
3) When the salt is dissolved add the spices, and let it boil.
4) Turn off the stove and remove pot from heat; then carefully pour the hot liquid into the jar until it reaches the top.
5) The seal the jar and let it stand for 5-10 mins.
6) Place the jar in the fridge
[Pickling process take 3 days - 1 week]
Looking for a Non-spicy version? Then omit the spices, and this recipe turns into great dill pickles.
Happy Memorial Day!