Friday, November 19, 2010
Mushroom Broth (Original Recipe)
I've always wanted to make mushroom broth, and it turned out great. Surprisingly, the asparagus and green onions gave it the right kick. This broth is bold and delicious, and it goes down smooth.
The Good Stuff presents (applauds)-
4-5 shiitake mushrooms
3 pieces of bok choy
2 green onions
7 stems of asparagus
1/2 of a golden beet
1 small piece of ginger
1 clove of garlic
1) Fill a large pot with water and set to boil on medium heat
2) Chop and clean all vegetables
3) When water is hot, you know when you start to see steam rising, add vegetables. Then switch to low heat.
4) Let vegetables cook until soft, this should take about 1.5- 2 hrs.
5) For a stronger flavor, let broth rest for about 30min -1 hr in the pot.
Tune in next time as we show you how you can make imitation soy sauce using this broth.
Until then, Enjoy^^
at 4:36 AM