Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Super Quick Fried Rice (Original Recipe)
I was making rice and all of a sudden I was inspired to take it a step further. In a heat of passion, I grabbed some red & green onions, mushrooms, and fired up the skillet. I added the rice and egg whites mixed it around and Vola! This dish is quick and easy, it tastes great, and its surprisingly healthy, all thanks to a moment of inspiration.
1/2 - 3/4 cup of brown rice
1/4 of a red onion
3-4 shiitake mushrooms
1 green onion
2 eggs whites
a piece of ginger
1/2 tbs of grape seed oil
1) Cook rice in rice cooker. (If you don't have one, then follow directions on the rice package)
2) Clean/chop onions, mushrooms and ginger, and beat egg whites in a bowl.
3) After rice is done cooking, set skillet on medium heat, and let grape seed oil warm up.
4) Add onions, mushrooms and ginger, let them sweat for about 2-3 mins.
5)The add rice, and mix everything together for about a minute.
6) Now add the egg whites, let them cook, and now the fun part, mix the contents together !
7) Turn off skillet & Enjoy^^ + add ketchup if you desire ;)
at 11:13 PM